About the role
At OpusVL we develop and customise open source business management software.
Our customers operate in a variety of different industries, such as retail (physical, web, and omni-channel), manufacturing, assembly, and healthcare.
All our projects start off with a Discovery and Design phase to ensure we are building an appropriate solution to meet a real business need.
As a Business Analyst, you will lead the Discovery;
- Hold workshops and meetings with clients to discover their business requirements
- Analyse requirements in detail with a view to how they can be met using software
- Produce written documentation for the client and for our internal technical teams to use when designing the solution
You understand business processes, workflow, and the potential for automation.
You have a grasp of business accounting principles.
You know how to drill-down, find edge cases, and really get into the detail of business requirements. You can then write accurate documentation with enough information for solution architects and developers to build a system from.
You're organised (because you have a system).
You have good interpersonal skills, and are comfortable leading meetings and managing group dynamics.
You can help clients to figure out what their problems actually are, challenging their thinking, working collaboratively to arrive at a solution.
Nice to haves
It would be great (but not essential) if you can bring any of the following experience and skills to the role:
- Experience and understanding of a variety of different industries
- Have been involved in requirements gathering for software development or ERP implementation
- Can help clients to work out the business benefit of systemising or automating a process (i.e. will they get a positive ROI?)
- Have used an ERP system (such as Odoo, SAP, Netsuite, or Microsoft Dynamics)
Working at OpusVL
At OpusVL we strive to provide a relaxed, highly supportive working environment.
We understand that to be creative and produce high quality work, our staff need a comfortable environment that suits them individually.
We'll support your training and development, and give you paid time to attend conferences and other events relevant to your role.
The OpusVL office is in a convenient central UK location right in the heart of Rugby, about two minutes walk from the shops, cafes and coffee shops. There's no dress code for technical people and working hours are flexible.
So if you want to make a difference, and support open source while working on interesting projects then we'd love to hear from you!
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not use or accept offers from agencies.