We are looking for a front-end web developer to join an expanding team, developing responsive and mobile sites and apps, for a variety of customers across industries and sectors.
In this role, you will take the clients concept and translate them into code. You do not have to be a designer but if you have experience in UX/UI then this will be an advantage helping to bridge the gap between users, graphical design and technical implementation.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Create real, working code from visual designs and concepts
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Has an understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Collaborate with other team members, back-end developers and stakeholders
You will need to demonstrate strong experience in;
- HTML5 / CSS3
- CSS Flexbox and CSS Grid
- At least one CSS framework (Bootstrap, Bulma, etc)
- At least one front-end development framework (Vue, React, Angular, etc)
It would help if you have some experience with the following;
- Grav CMS (PHP based, Twig Templates)
- NuxtJS (Vue, Vuex, form validations, transitions, SSR, SPA , PWA)
- Semantic HTML and accessibility validation and usage included by default (ARIA, WCAG, etc)
- Webpack / Grunt / Gulp for SASS, JS, Image Optimisation, Autoprefixer, Broswerlist, etc
- Tips and tricks for older browsers (IE10, IE11, etc …)
Working at OpusVL
At OpusVL we strive to provide a relaxed, highly supportive working environment.
We understand that to be creative and provide high quality code, our developers need to build a comfortable environment that suits them individually and the company supports this as much as possible. All developers get dual-head workstations as standard, with a budget for peripherals of your choice.
We'll support your training and development, and give you paid time to attend conferences and other events relevant to your role.
The OpusVL office is in a convenient central UK location right in the heart of Rugby, two minutes walk from the shops, cafes and coffee shops. We are on the main-line railway between Birmingham and London with the station in walking distance from our offices. There's no dress code for technical people and working conditions are flexible.
So if you want to make a difference, and support Open Source while working on interesting projects then we'd love to hear from you!
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.
We do not use or accept offers from agencies.