About the role
At OpusVL we develop and customise open source business management software, with many projects based on Odoo.
Our customers operate in a variety of different industries, such as retail (physical, web, and omni-channel), manufacturing, assembly, and healthcare.
As a Solution Architect, you will take the customers requirements (as documented by the business analyst) and design an Odoo solution to meet their needs;
- Understand the "Odoo way of doing things" to guide the requirements
- Compare the customer's needs with Odoo's built-in functionality
- Evaluate available Odoo modules (both OCA and from the Odoo app store) and decide which modules to use
- Work out the configuration and the additional custom development that will be needed, then write a technical specification for our development team
You have in-depth knowledge of Odoo Community edition, both its built-in functionality and what can be achieved with add-on modules (OCA and from the Odoo app store).
You keep yourself up to date with Odoo development, learning about new features, new module releases, and changes between Odoo versions.
You understand business processes, workflow, and how people use software in real-world situations.
You're comfortable speaking with customers and developers alike (and can translate between the two).
You can set up and customise an Odoo system from the user interface, e.g. adding fields, importing data, configuring workflows, and producing reports.
You can design your own Odoo modules, and write precise and detailed specifications for developers to build them.
Nice to haves
It would be great (but not essential) if you can bring any of the following experience and skills to the role:
- Experience and understanding of a variety of different industries
- How to design intuitive user interfaces
- Have used different versions of Odoo and know what has changed between Odoo releases
- Can accompany sales people and business analysts on client visits to provide technical and product advice
- Understand business accounting principles and how to use and configure the accounting features in Odoo
Working at OpusVL
At OpusVL we strive to provide a relaxed, highly supportive working environment.
We understand that to be creative and produce high quality work, our staff need a comfortable environment that suits them individually. All our technical staff get dual-head workstations as standard, with a budget for peripherals of your choice.
We'll support your training and development, and give you paid time to attend conferences and other events relevant to your role.
The OpusVL office is in a convenient central UK location right in the heart of Rugby, about two minutes walk from the shops, cafes and coffee shops. There's no dress code for technical people and working hours are flexible.
So if you want to make a difference, and support open source while working on interesting projects then we'd love to hear from you!
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not use or accept offers from agencies.