Location: Rugby, UK (Office & Home-Based)
At OpusVL we develop and customise open source business management software, ERP systems, and healthcare applications.
We’re a multi-disciplined team of developers, people-people, and project management experts. We specialise in helping organisations who find that 'off the shelf' software doesn't meet their needs, by designing and developing a customised solution that fits.
About the Role
The Programme Manager is a lead role within the OpusVL delivery team.
You will split your time between delivering customer projects yourself, and managing the PMO to ensure that our complete programme of work is delivered.
When delivering customer projects, you will be the person who makes things happen, and will be our customer's main point of contact. To achieve this, you will have the skills to help customers articulate their requirements, to plan the project to an agreed budget, and the drive and determination to jump in and solve problems along the way.
As Programme Manager, you will support the COO to deliver our overall programme of work, helping to ensure that all projects are delivered on time. Participating in weekly planning meetings with the team, you will prioritise and schedule tasks, report on delivery performance, and create forecasts to plan our longer term resource needs.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of managing software development projects, ideally with a background in ERP implementation.
This would ideally suit an experienced project manager who wants to take a step into a PMO role.
- You can plan, organise, and prioritise
- You are an experienced decision maker
- You have experience in full life cycle ERP implementations - Odoo would be advantageous!
- You are able to to quickly and effectively build strong working relationships with customers and colleagues
- You can demonstrate effective leadership and communication skills
- You will have an understanding of the software development life cycle
- Own and manage the relationship with the customer during the project
- Work with the OpusVL technical delivery team to understand the customer' requirements and architect a solution that meets their needs
- Be accountable for the project from beginning to end - the delivered solution and completion to budget
- Manage expectations, ensuring that the customer's needs are aligned with our understanding of those needs
- Determine the steps necessary to deliver the agreed solution, breaking down the overall project into individual tasks for developers and product specialists
- Co-ordinate resource to deliver OpusVL's complete programme of work
- Balance and prioritise the resource needs of multiple projects running concurrently
- Report progress to the customer and to the business
- Leadership; coordinate and inspire multiple project owners to work together as one team
- Planning and organising; able to plan to a budget and keep a project on track
- Communication; talk and translate between different groups of people (e.g. customers and developers)
- Self-starter; desires and takes responsibility, jumps in and solves problems
- Team player; shares information, offers support and assistance
- Understanding of the software development process
- Customer facing; able to build relationships with customers and other stakeholders
Working at OpusVL
At OpusVL we strive to provide a relaxed, highly supportive working environment.
So if you want to make a difference, and support Open Source while working on interesting projects then we'd love to hear from you!
What we offer
- A casual dress code
- Flexible working - start and finish times
- A Hybrid Working Model - up to 3 days in the office and 2 days of remote working
- Social events
- Company Pension Scheme
- Gift Vouchers for employee birthdays
- Weekly fruit delivery (currently on hold due to Covid19)
You will need to have the Right to Work in the UK as we are unable to provide Sponsorship.
Please note, we do not have an on-site parking, but there is free side street parking within a 10-12 minute walking distance from our office.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not use or accept offers from agencies.