Role: Project Owner
Location: Rugby, UK (Office & Home-Based)
About the Role
The Project Owner is a key role within OpusVL's delivery team. Taking direct responsibility for delivering customer projects, you will be the person who makes things happen. For our customers, the Project Owner is their point of contact throughout the life cycle of a project. They will be relying on you to deliver their projects on time, and to give them the confidence that their needs will be met.
To achieve this, you will have the skills to help customers articulate their requirements, to plan the project to an agreed budget, and the drive and determination to jump in and solve problems along the way.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of managing software development projects, ideally with a background in ERP implementation. Additionally, you must be able to communicate with customer stakeholders to determine the business requirements in order that a successful project delivery can be achieved.
- You have experience in full life cycle ERP implementations - Odoo would be advantageous!
- Ability to quickly and effectively build strong working relationships with customers and colleagues
- You can can work effectively with developers
- You can demonstrate team leadership skills
- You're organised (because you have a system)
- You will have an understanding of the software development life cycle
- You have the ability to create business requirement documentation
- Own and manage the relationship with the customer during the project life cycle
- Work with the customer to detail and understand their business requirements
- Work with the OpusVL technical delivery team to architect a solution that meets the customer's needs
- Be accountable for the project from beginning to end - the delivered solution and completion to budget
- Manage expectations, ensuring that the customer's needs are aligned with our understanding of those needs
- Determine the steps necessary to deliver the agreed solution, breaking down the overall project into individual tasks for developers and product specialists
- Co-ordinate resource, liaising with the OpusVL Programme Manager and the Delivery Team to plan, assign, and schedule the project tasks
- Manage tasks to ensure the project is completed to agreed time-scales
- Report progress to the customer and to the business
- Provide technical assistance and support to the sales department
- Support the sales department by providing advice to customers about how their requirements could be met
- Planning and organising; able to plan to a budget and keep a project on track
- Communication; talk and translate between different groups of people (e.g. customers and developers)
- Technical; can translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Self-starter; desires and takes responsibility, jumps in and solves problems
- Team worker; shares information, offers support and assistance
- Understanding of the software development process
- Knowledge of general business processes and basic accounting principles
- Customer facing; able to build relationships with customers and other stakeholders
Working at OpusVL
At OpusVL we strive to provide a relaxed, highly supportive working environment.
So if you want to make a difference, and support Open Source while working on interesting projects then we'd love to hear from you!
What we offer:
- A casual dress code
- Flexible working - start and finish times
- A hybrid working model - upto 3 days in the office and 2 days of remote working
- Social events
- Company Pension Scheme
- Gift Vouchers for employee birthdays
- Weekly fruit delivery (currently on hold due to Covid19)
You will need to have the Right to Work in the UK as we are unable to provide Sponsorship.
Please note, we do not have on-site parking, but there is free side street parking within a 10-12 minute walking distance from our office.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.
We do not use or accept offers from agencies.